Monday, October 3, 2011

Flying Solo

I am actually writing this Sunday night to save on time tomorrow. Smart planning.
Tomorrow I am flying from Minneapolis/Saint Paul to Boston. This isn't just any flight, this is my first flight completely by myself. I am SO excited! I've traveled via airplane without my parents before (to NYC with the OHS Drama Club), and have flown from MSP to Boston many times. More than I can even count, or remember. Most kids have lots of car trip memories, my memories are in the air. I love it. Regardless of the fact that my ears rarely cooperated on those childhood flights.
Airports are so exciting! People coming and going. The thrill of going somewhere new, or visiting somewhere familiar.
I remember one time we had a three hour layover in Chicago. Chris and I found a moving walk way, and we seriously did laps. Down and back. Down and back. "You are approaching the end of the moving walk way." We could repeat it *just* like the woman on the recording, or so we thought. We also found a candy store that trip too. So, yeah, I've been to Chicago. I just have never left the airport.
If you don't already know, I'm going out east to photograph my cousin's wedding. My aunt and her family live out there, and it will be fun to see them all. They came out this summer for the 4th of July too, so I think I've posted some photos of the bride-to-be.

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment